About the Society
The Sexual Health Society of Queensland was formed in 1988 and currently has members from across the state. The Society aims to provide high quality educational opportunities for its members and encourages open and strong debate on issues in Sexual health in Queensland. As well as involvement in debate of contemporary issues in sexual health, membership ($70.00 annually) of the society offers many benefits. These include:
- 4 free clinical meetings per year
- Subscription to the journal “Sexual Health”
- Sponsorship for 4 members to attend a clinical meeting (including the AGM) on application
- Sponsorship for 1 member to attend the annual Australasian Sexual Health conference on application
- Sponsorship for 1 member to attend the annual Australasian Society for HIV Medicine conference on application
- To advise and advocate for the improvement of all aspects of sexual health in Queensland.
- To advance scientific, medical and psycho-sexual knowledge in the provision of sexual health services, and the promotion of sexual health in Queensland.
- To disseminate authoritative information concerning sexual health issues for the community of Queensland.
- To maintain liaison with similar professional societies and community organisations in Australasia and elsewhere.