About the Society
The Sexual Health Society of Queensland was formed in 1988 and currently has members from across the state. The Society aims to provide high quality educational opportunities for its members and encourages open and strong debate on issues in Sexual health in Queensland. As well as involvement in debate of contemporary issues in sexual health, membership ($80.00 annually) of the society offers many benefits.
- 4 free clinical meetings per year
- Subscription to the journals of Sexual Health
- Sponsorship for 4 members to attend a clinical meeting including the AGM on application from members outside of South East Queensland
- Sponsorship for 1 member annually to attend the Australasian Sexual Health and /or Australasian Society for HIV Medicine conference on application. One scholarship only is awarded each year.
- On occasion SHSQ will partner with similar interest groups to provide education events: costs of attendance at these meetings will be announced at the time
- SHSQ members can sign up as ASHM Affiliates. You can access most of the benefits of ASHM Membership without any of the costs.
- Opportunity to participate in the Society’s advocacy work
- To advise and advocate for the improvement of all aspects of sexual health in Queensland.
- To advance scientific, medical and psycho-sexual knowledge in the provision of sexual health services, and the promotion of sexual health in Queensland.
- To disseminate authoritative information concerning sexual health issues for the community of Queensland.
- To maintain liaison with similar professional societies and community organisations in Australasia and elsewhere.
The Society updated our constitution in 2016. The new constitution embraces “Sexual Health” as defined by the World Health Organisation. Additionally the association endorses the Declaration of Sexual Rights of the World Association for Sexual Health. For further information read the new constitution, Download